Before meeting with the Director to make arrangements, please complete the Arrangement Worksheet by either downloading and completing the form here, or completing the fillable form and sending it directly to our office.
At the time of your meeting with a Director, please bring:
- Full payment in the form of CASH or CHECK. Payment must be made when you meet with the Director
- Completed Arrangement Worksheet*
- Deceased’s birth certificate and Social Security Number
- Cemetery deed (if applicable)
- Military discharge papers (Form DD214) if veteran benefits are desired
- Change of clothing for the deceased for cremation or burial if desired
- Personal or religious items to be cremated or buried with the deceased
- Completed obituary (if we are to post on the webpage and submit to local newspaper)
- If we are to prepare the obituary, please download and complete the Obituary Template*
* We recognize you may not know everything on the Arrangement Worksheet or Obituary Template right at this moment, but complete as much as possible because the information will be invaluable to your Funeral Director and expedite the funeral arrangement process.
If you are looking to pre-arrange your services, the online pre-planning tool can walk you through the process.
The Acadia Burial & Cremation Direct office is located in the Mill Mall at 248 State Street in Ellsworth, Maine.