Acadia Burial and Cremation Direct was created as an alternative to meet the needs of those who do not desire the services of a funeral home. Our intention is to provide direct services to those families who wish to have cremation or burial without ceremony. In order to provide the services at a minimum cost we require payment in full at the time of consultation, either by cash or check. Additional items are available upon request.
The goods and services shown below are those we can provide to our customers. You may choose only the items that you desire. (However, any funeral arrangements you select will include a charge for our basic services and overhead.) If legal or other requirements mean you must buy any items you did not specifically ask for, we will explain the reason in writing on the statement describing the funeral goods and services you selected.
Direct Burial Package
- Professional Services
- Transfer to Funeral Home
- Dressing / Casketing
- Union Casket
- Grave Liner (Required by cemetery)
- Transfer to local cemetery
- Required state forms, fees, signatures
- Placement of Death Notice in local paper
- Submit prepared obituary to local paper
- Placement of prepared obituary on ABCD website
*Cemetery and grave fees are additional expenses and are paid directly by the family.
Other Services Available
- Additional person to assist in removal of deceased from residence $150.00
- Private viewing at Jordan Fernald $250.00
- Order certified copies of death certificate (plus cost of certificates) $75.00
- Composing and submitting obituary to local paper (plus newspaper charges) $75.00
- Additional travel beyond 25 mile radius of Ellsworth (per mile) $2.50
- There are five other caskets available at additional cost.
- There are two other outer burial vaults available at additional cost.
Prices effective January 1, 2013 and subject to change without notice.