Acadia Burial and Cremation Direct was created as an alternative to meet the needs of those who do not desire the services of a funeral home. Our intention is to provide direct services to those families who wish to have cremation or burial without ceremony. In order to provide the services at a minimum cost we require payment in full at the time of consultation, either by cash or check. Additional items are available upon request.
Before the cremation can take place, an authorization form signed by the legal next of kin or duly appointed representative is required (Legal Next of Kin Order of Precedence can be viewed here). The authorization form from our trusted provider, Mount Hope Cemetery Corporation and Crematory, is available for download.
The goods and services shown below are those we can provide to our customers. You may choose only the items that you desire. (However, any funeral arrangements you select will include a charge for our basic services and overhead.) If legal or other requirements mean you must buy any items you did not specifically ask for, we will explain the reason in writing on the statement describing the funeral goods and services you selected.
Direct Cremation Package
- Transfer from place of death (within 25 mile radius of Ellsworth)
- Alternative container for cremation
- Transfer to crematory
- Snap-lock sheet bronze urn
- Placement of Death Notice in local paper
- Submit prepared obituary to local paper
- Placement of prepared obituary on ABCD website
Cash Advances (required fees):
- Crematory Fee at Mt. Hope $315.00
- Ship cremains to your home (in-state) $45.00 (estimate)
- Cremation permit $40.00
- Medical Examiners Fee $15.00
Other Services Available
- Cremains picked up by our staff $275.00
- Additional person to assist in removal of deceased from residence $150.00
- Private viewing at Jordan Fernald $250.00
- Order certified copies of death certificate (plus cost of certificates) $75.00
- Composing and submitting obituary to local paper (plus newspaper charges) $75.00
- Additional travel beyond 25 mile radius of Ellsworth (per mile) $2.50
*All prices subject to change.
*Cremation is completed at the convenience of the ABCD staff.
Prices effective January 1, 2013 and subject to change without notice.